A video of my presentation from #FOTE10 is now up on the Future of Technology in Education Website. The title of my presentation was ‘Unlocking Learning – Computer Games in Education’ where I talked about some of the work that we do at Learning and Teaching Scotland in the Consolarium.
- Why should teachers use games?
- What do we mean by playful learning?
- Why learning should be fun?
- Using contextual hubs to create powerful learning environments
- What can we learn from games to inform pedagogy?
- The importance of getting children to create as well as trying to consume content
- Why it is important to teach about games
You can watch the full video here and I’ll post the slides and a more detailed description of what I covered over on the Consolarium blog soon. You can also watch the videos from the other FOTE presenters.
As always I would welcome any feedback.