1. The Smile Project
- What is social media?
- Using social media in schools - whole-school approach;
- Using social media for learning and teaching - pedagogical principles;
- Using social media for professional development;
- Using social media responsibly;
- Social media policy and the challenges of social media adoption in schools?
You might also like to check out the SMILE Video Channel.
The full report Challenges and opportunities for schools and teachers in a digital word – Lessons learned from the 2012 SMILE action research project also be downloaded.
2. Presentation at Glasgow Social Media Week 2012
At Social Media Week Glasgow in September 2012 I gave a talk called The New Learning Landscape: Social Media and New Technology in Education which was sponsored by Bloxx.
- Why use social media?
- Cultural Relevance
- Real Time Data
- Data Collection
- Professional Development
- It’s not going away
The presentation was also filmed and live streamed, you can watch it here if your interested:
3. Download the free eBook
4. From the archive
I've been talking about all this stuff for a while now - here are a few other blog posts from the archive that capture some of my other thoughts on some of these issues.