On the 9th March 2011 Learning and Teaching Scotland has organized a conference on Internet Safety and Responsible Use on behalf of the Scottish Government. The event is being held at Stirling Management Centre.
The conference is free to attend and speakers include some of the UKs leading experts in digital identity, cyberbullying, Internet safety for students with additional support needs, Internet safety in the early years and engaging with parents. There are also workshops that will offer lots of practical advice on a whole school approach to Internet Safety and Responsible Use.
- Adam Ingram, MSP - Minister for Children and Early Years
- Helen King, Head of Education CEOP
- Josie Fraser, Social and Educational Technologist
- Simon Finch - ISRU for students with Additional Support Needs
- Louise Jones - Local Education Authority Approach to Internet Safety and Responsible Use
- Catriona Laing - Using Student Mentors in a whole School Approach to Internet Safety and Responsible Use
- Bobby Elliot - National Qualifications in Internet Safety and Child Protection
- Josie Frazer - Cyberbullying
- Simon Finch - How to Lose Your Job: managing online behaviour for adults who work with children
- Stacey Collier-West - Internet Safety and Responsible Use in the Primary School
- Tommy Lawson - Internet Safety and Responsible Use in the Secondary School
- Penny Patterson - Internet Safety and Responsible Use for Early Years and Child Minders
- Martin Dewar - Digital Citizenship: How Young People Use Technology
More details about the conference available on the conference website. We will be live streaming some of the seminars through Glow on the day and recording as many sessions as possible to go up on line on the website as soon as possible after the event.
Representatives from all Scottish local authorities have already been invited but some LAs have not been able to take up their full allocation of places. This means we have some spare places available that we are very keen to fill.
So if you would like a place – drop me an email (o.bray [at] ltscotland.org.uk) ASAP. The remaining places will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
Hope to see some of you there