If you like useing Google Maps like me you might have noticed that now when you go to Google Maps and you are logged into your Google account you see a little green 'labs' test tube along the top of your screen.
These are know as beta features and the main ones include:
- Drag 'n' Zoom - Zooming in on a specific part of the map is now fast and easy. Simply click the Drag 'n' Zoom button, draw a box on the map, and zoom! You're there!
- Aerial Imagery - Add Aerial imagery to the map! Aerial imagery gives you rotatable, high-resolution overhead imagery presented in a new perspective.
- Where in the World Game - Test your knowledge of world geography! Guess the name of the country from satellite imagery, and try to beat your top score!
- Rotatable Maps - Tired of North always being up? Add rotatable map types and give East, West and South a fair go.
- What's Around Here? - Adds a second search button that searches for "*", returning the top results in the current view. A great way to browse the map.
- LatLng Tooltip - Displays a tooltip next to the mouse cursor showing the latlng directly underneath it.