It describes itself as a,
“innovative professional development programme which aims to support schools in England to make the most of ICT in their teaching”.
Although the focus is on England much of the content available within vital will also be highly appropriate for the Scottish Curriculum.
The intention of ‘15 minute’ is to create structured CPD opportunities which can be engaged with in a series of small pockets of time, each ranging from a couple of minutes to a maximum of about an hour. Its very similar to the CPD Scotland CPD Shorts.
Here is the full list of CPD opportunities with '15 minute' between now and the summer:
- January18-29, Hotseat - The changing learning landscape: Teaching and learning with emerging web technologies with Ollie Bray
- February 4, Keynote - ICT Visioning - The Strategy with Stephen Heppell
- February 8-23, Hotseat - e-Safety with Childnet with Ellen Ferguson
- March 1-12, Hotseat - Using ICT to individualise learning for students with learning difficulties with Karen Kelly
- March 15 4pm, Keynote - Online Peer Assessment - Students as Facilitators with Andy Runciman
- April 19-30, Hotseat - What do the national bodies do for us? with representatives from Becta - GTCE - TDA - QCDA
- May 5 2pm, Keynote - Leading and Managing ICT in schools with Terry Freedman
- May 10-22, Hotseat - A Whole School Learning Platform - Shirelands Collegiate Academy with Sir Mark Grundy
- w/b June 7, Keynote - ICT trends impacting education - what's coming our way? With Derek Wenmoth
- June 14-26, Hotseat - Can Learners be Researchers and Creators? With Ben Williamson/ Sarah Payton (Futurelab)
I’m going to be really interested to see how this goes.