One of the great things about this years Scottish Learning Festival (SLF09) is its commitment to CPD and this year the CPD lounge will be a prominent feature.I was genuinely honored (particularly when you look at the other speakers!) to be asked to present in the CPD lounge as part of the ‘CPD Sevens’ on the Thursday morning at 10am.
I have 7 minute to talk to the assembled audience about the value of personal learning networks. I also hope to be involved in a post talk GLOWmeet discussion.
If you are around at that time why don’t you pop in for a short presentation, a chat and some great coffee?
More details of the magnificent sevens below from the National CPD Team blog:
Part of the CPD Team offering for the Scottish Learning Festival will be a calendar of 7-minute, lightning presentations to showcase innovative CPD.
Margaret Orr from the CPD Team has assembled a wide variety of educators. Here’s a sneak preview:
- Graham Thomson (SCSSA) – Leadership of learning in the school
- Marion Morrison (EIS learning rep) – Reflections on Tuscany visit
- Gillian Brydson (Dumfries & Galloway) – CPD impact
- Adam Sneddon (Scottish Screen) – Visual literacy
- Susan Bain (DHT, Lockerbie High School) – Flexible routes to headship
- Ollie Bray (LTScotland) – Personal learning networks
- Julie McCaig (Irvine Royal Academy) – Learning rounds
- Soenaidh Black (Bannerman High School) and Eileen Cummings (Clydebank High School) - DHT experiences
- David Robinson (Open University) – CPD from the OU
- Aileen Spence (LTScotland) – International education
- Janie McManus (HMIE) – A perspective on CPD for CfE
We will also be ‘Glowmeeting’ as many of the Sevens as possible, so you can access these live on the Glow Intranet. More details on CPDFind soon!