Below are the slides and links from my talk today on Nomadic Learning: Building Personal Learning Networks from the Scottish Education Leadership Summer School.
I have embedded some YouTube Videos into the presentation to explain a bit more about some of the tools that I mentioned during the talk. They are not the same video clips that I used but hopefully will give you a clearer explanation of how some of these applications can be used to build powerful learning networks with the education community.
Links mentioned during presentation:
- Wordle.net – great way to analyse text
- Learning and Teaching Scotland education email bulletins (GLOW, daily news, aifl etc…)
- ASCD Worldwide Edition Education Smartbrief (twice weekly global education email bulletin)
- Learning and Teaching Scotland Online Communities (heads together, deputes together, virtual advisory service etc…)
- GLOW – Scotland’s National Intranet
- UK Innovative
Teachers Network – free sign up, free software, supported by Microsoft
and lots of networking opportunities
Personal Learning Network Social Networking Tools
- Google Alerts – worth setting up an alert for your school name (and your name!)
- RSS and Google Reader – create your own personal newspaper and get the web delivered to your desktop
- Social Bookmarking (delicious) – never loose a good website address again, share and collaborate with others.
- Twitter – A micro blogging service
- SlideShare – a place to up-load, download and view on-line presentations
- Teachers TV – a great tool for finding classroom resources and professional development video’s
If you have any questions about the presentation, or if I’ve missed anything please get in touch.