I had two separate emails this morning asking me for an easy way to get Wordle Clouds into PowerPoint.
Here’s a quick two minute guide:
1. Go to Wordle.net and click on the ‘create’ tab, then cut and paste the text that you want to use to create a wordle. Cloud (I’ve used the first section of the Scottish National Qualifications Debate Document).
3. Centre the generated cloud in the middle of you computer screen and press the ‘print screen (scr)’ button on your computer keyboard (this is normally on the top right hand side).
4. Now open your computers drawing package – I’ve used ‘Paint’ as an example here. If you are using Windows you will find it in the ‘Start’ Menu, under ‘all programmes’ – ‘accessories’.
5. When paint is opened, select ‘edit’ – ‘paste’ from the top menu.
6. Now use the crop tool to select the part of the wordle cloud that you want to see. When you are happy with your selection select ‘cut’ from the edit menu.
7. Open PowerPoint and select ‘paste’
It is also possible to crop pictures inside PowerPoint, if you want to bypass the paint stage.
Hope this makes sense?