This evening I was asked to run a training session for parents and families at Ormiston Primary School in East Lothian. As always I am delighted to be asked to be involved in running such a workshop. If you are interested in attending on of my Internet Safety and Responsible Use Workshops please check out the latest dates here and get in touch.
Here is the online handout from tonight’s presentation.
Below are what I consider to be the key slides from the presentation:
These are the websites that I mentioned:
Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre is a
The CEOP Corporate Film is embedded below (You Tube):
Find the latest information on the sites you like to visit, mobiles and new technology. Find out what's good, what's not and what you can do about it.
If you look after young people there's an area for you too - with resources you can use in the classroom, at home or just to get with it.
Most importantly, there's also a place which anyone can use to report if they feel uncomfortable or worried about someone they are chatting to online.
All the information here is brought to you by the team at the Child Exploitation and Online Protection (CEOP) Centre. We hope you like it.
Discover the safest ways to use the Internet, chat rooms, e-mail and send text messages. Aimed at 8 - 10 year olds.
If anyone has any questions about the evening please feel free to get in touch or leave a comment below.
For a good introduction to Childnet’s work you can download Childnet’s IMPACT report here.
Find something out about your friends on-line.
I also referred to these articles:
- Guardian Article: 'Unprofessional' young tennis players have funding suspended
- Scotsman Article: Oil Worked sent 15 year old girl S & M Messages
- OTG Daily Article: Over half of employers say that Internet activity affects recruitment decisions
- Purely for Parents Guidance Sheet
- Think You Know who your talking to leaflet
- Internet Safety Leaflet for Parents
- Blog Safety Leaflet Parents
- Young People, Music and the Internet