On Friday I ran a whole-school CPD session on Consistency of ICT in Teaching and Learning. Friday afternoon in-service is never ideal but everything seemed to go well and most people seemed fairly pleased with the way the session went. We have got a big drive on the use of ICT this year and Fridays presentation was the first of a number of events that we will be holding this year to get people more up-to-date. This is all part of our Building a Learning Community Initiative.
If you are a regular reader of this website, I didn’t cover anything new. But I hope that at most of the staff at the training picked up or were reminded of at least one idea or website. The main points that I covered were:
- The bigger picture (Shift Happens).
- That we must work collectively as a staff to improve the way that children search the internet and manage information.
- Using PowerPoint and other presentation software to support you as a teacher and not the other way around.
- Using images and where to find them.
- Web 2.0 terminology (blogs, wikis and podcasts) and how easy it is to update the school website.
- Our ICT Strategy at MGS and why some ICT strategies fail.
Below are the slides that I used:
And here is an audio recording of most of the presentation or you can download the file from here: